* H.H. Nimz, U. Tschirner, M.Stahle, R. Lehman, M. Schlosser "Carbon-13 NMR Spectra of Lignins, Comparison of structural units in Spruce and Beech Lignin" Journal of Wood Chemistry and Technology 4(3):265-284 (1984)
* H.H. Nimz, M. Roth, U. Tschirner, R. Carsten "Organosolv Pulping with Chloroethanol" Holzforschung (40):125-132 (1986) Supplement Issue Dec. '88
* U. Tschirner, C.W. Dence, "Attempts to photostabilize Norway Spruce TMP by chemical modification" Paperi Ja Puu (4):338-346 (1988)
* B. Cao, U. Tschirner, S. Ramaswamy, A.Webb, "A rapid Modified Gas Chromatographic method for Carbohydrate Analysis of Wood Pulps." TAPPI Journal, Vol. 80, No 9, pp 193-197 (1997)
* S. Ramaswamy, U. Tschirner, W. Holtzman "Paper Science and Engineering Programs - Comparison of the Curricula" TAPPI Journal, Vol. 81, No 10, October p. 121-128 (1998)
* U. Tschirner, D. Wang, "Hydrogen peroxide Bleaching of Mixed Recycled Fiber" Progress in Paper Recycling, November 1998, p 15-21
* B. Cao, U. Tschirner, S. Ramaswamy, "Effect of Chemical Composition on Recycling." TAPPI Journal, Vol. 81, no 12 (1998)
* B. Cao, U. Tschirner, S. Ramaswamy "A study of changes in Wet Fiber Flexibility and Surface Condition of Recycled Fibers" Paperi ja Puu, p 117 (1999) p. 117
* S. Nichol, S. Ramaswamy, U. Tschirner, "World Wide Web use becoming more common in Paper Industry" Pulp and Paper, April 1999,
* N. Wagner, S. Ramaswamy, U. Tschirner, "Feasibility of Cereal Straw for Industrial Utilization in Minnesota" American Journal of Alternative Agriculture, Volume 15, November 2000, p 2-8
* U. Tschirner, R. Segelstrom "Peracid Pretreatment for improved ink removal and enhanced bleachability of recycled fiber" Progress in Paper Recycling, February 2000 p 15-23
* U. Tschirner, S.Ramaswamy, P. Cowan" Characterization of Fiber Distribution in a Commercial Recycled Mill", Progress in Paper Recycling, November 2000
* B. Cao, O. Heise, U.Tschirner, "Processing Old Telephone Directories, Deinking with a new generation laboratory flotation cell", TAPPI Journal, January 2001, 84(1), 98
* S. Ramaswamy, I Harris, U. Tschirner "Student Peer Teaching: An Innovative Approach to Science and Engineering Education" , Journal of Science Education and Technology, June 2001
* Li, W. Tschirner U., "Phosphonates as additives in Kraft pulping- a preliminary study", November 2002 TAPPI Journal, 1(9) 22-27 also published as : Li, Wei; Tschirner. U, "Phosphonates as additives in Kraft pulping" Solutions for People, Processes and Paper (2002), 85 (11), 48/22-48/27
* Tschirner, U. W. , Ramaswamy, S. , Goel A, "Effect of cereal straw fibre addition to papermaking furnish", Pulp and Paper Canada, 2003, 104:10, 26-29
* Shrinath, A.. Tschirner, U. , Ramaswamy, S., "Economics and feasibility of a Greenfield cereal straw market pulp mill", Pulp and Paper Canada, 2003, 104:10, 34-37
* Li, W., Tschirner, U. W. , "Fate of Metal Cations in the Kraft Pulping Process Modified by Phosphonates" 2003 TAPPI Fall Technical Conference: Engineering, Pulping & PCE&I, October 26-30, Chicago, IL, Conference Proceedings
* Tschirner, U.W. Li, W., Villalba, L. Sutton, G. Conroy, M. "Phosphonates as additives in Kraft pulping", DOE poster session, "2003 TAPPI Fall Technical Conference: Engineering, Pulping & PCE&I, October 26-30, Chicago, IL, Conference Proceedings
* Hua-Jiang Huang, Shri Ramaswamy, Al-Dajani, Waleed, Ulrike Tschirner, and Richard Allan Cairncross Techno-Economic Analysis of Lignocellulose to Fuel Ethanol Biorefinery AICHE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA November 2006
* Wodjyala, D., Tschirner,U., Cairncross,R.A., Ramaswamy, S., "Hydrolytic Degradation of Polylactide and Production of Water-Soluble Hydrolyzate Species AICHE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA November 2006
* Hua-Jiang Huang, Shri Ramaswamy, Waleed Al-Dajani, Ulrike Tschirner and Richard Allan Cairncross Effect of biomass species on lignocelluloses to ethanol: Process and Economic Analysis IREE Research Symposium Poster Fall 2006
* Ramaswamy, S., Hua-Jiang Huang, Ulrike Tschirner, Waleed Al-Dajani, "Integrated Biorefining - Lignocelluloses to bio-fuels, fiber, energy and other products", Norway Bioenergy Conference, Ost, Norway, September 2006
* Wojdyla, D., Tschirner,U., Cairncross, R.A., Ramaswamy, S., "Hydrolytic Degradation of Polylactide and Production of Water-Soluble Hydrolyzate Species", International Society on Biopolyesters, August 2006, Minneapolis, MN
* Ulrike Tschirner, Waleed Al-Dajani, Marc von Keitz , Minimizing the Formation of Fermentation Inhibitors during Hemicellulose Extraction, IREE Research Symposium poster session, Fall 2006
* Gregg Johnson, Ulrike Tschirner, Craig Sheaffer, Hans Jung, Dom Wyse, Dean Curran Maximizing Production of Fiber, Fermentable Sugars, and Energy by Matching Biomass Species to Landscape Position, IREE Research Symposium poster session, Fall 2006
* Ulrike Tschirner, Waleed Al-Dajani ,"Pre-extraction of hemicellulose and subsequent pulping of Aspen Chips" Carlton Dence Memorial Symposium, Vancouver, June 1, 2006, Conference proceedings
* Jahan Latibari, S. Hedjazi, R. Patt, Ol Kordsachia, U. Tschirner (2006) "Totally chlorine free (TCF) Bleaching of Wheat Straw Soda-Anthraquinone Pulp" Cellulose Chemistry and Technology, 40 (6) pp. 413-420.
* S. Hedjazi, A. Jahan Latibari, R. Patt, O. Kordsachia, U. Tschirner, D. Parasapajouh (2007) "Investigation on TCF-Bleaching of Wheat Straw Soda Pulp" Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, Vol 54, No 5
* Ramaswamy, S., Tschirner, U., Chen, Y. "Transforming Academic Curricula: Pulp and Paper to Bio-based Products " ACS Symposium Series, Chapter 4, Section 1, Materials, Chemicals and Energy from Forest Biomass Edited by Dimitris S. Argyropoulos (2007)
* Hedjazi, Sahab; Kordschia, O. Patt, R. Latibari, A.J. Tschirner, U. ˇ°Bagasse alkaline sulfite-anthraquinone (AS/AQ) pulping and totally chlorine free (TCF) bleaching. Holzforschung (2008), 62(2), 142-148.
* Al-Dajani, W., Tschirner, U. Pre-extraction of hemicelluloses and subsequent Kraft pulping. Part I. Alkaline Extraction, TAPPI Journal (2008) 7, (6) 3-8
* Hua-Jiang Huang, Shri Ramaswamy, R.A. Cairncross, U. W. Tschirner and B.V. Ramarao; A review of separation technologies in current and future biorefineries, Separations and Purification Technology (2008), 62 (1) 1-21.
* Huang, H-J., Lin, W., Ramaswamy, S., Tschirner, U., Process modeling of comprehensive integrated forest biorefinery - An integrated approach. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 154 (1-3):205-216 (2009)
* Wafa Al-Dajani, Waleed; Tschirner, Ulrike W.; Jensen, Tryg. Pre-extraction of hemicelluloses and subsequent kraft pulping. Part II: acid- and autohydrolysis.Tappi Journal (2009), 8(9),30-37.
* Hedjazi, S.; Kordsachia, O.; Latibari, A. Jahan; Tschirner, U,.Alkaline sulphite/anthraquinone (AS/AQ) pulping of rice straw and TCF bleaching of pulps. Appita Journal (2009), 62(2),137-145.
* Huang, Hua-Jiang; Ramaswamy, Shri; Al-Dajani, Waleed; Tschirner, Ulrike; Cairncross, Richard A. Effect of biomass species and plant size on cellulosic ethanol: A comparative process and economic analysis. Biomass and Bioenergy (2009),33(2), 234-246.
* Hedjazi, Sahab; Kordsachia, Othar; Patt, Rudolf; Latibari, Ahmad Jahan; Tschirner, Ulrike. Alkaline sulfite-anthraquinone (AS/AQ) pulping of wheat straw and totally chlorine free (TCF) bleaching of pulps. Industrial Crops and Products (2009), 29(1), 27-36.
* Peterson-Rock, K. ,Theleman, R., Jung, H.J., Tschirner, U., Sheaffer, C., Johnson, G. Variation due to Growth Environment in Alfalfa Yield, Cellulosic Ethanol Traits, and Paper Pulp Characteristics, Bioenergy Res. (2009) 2:79¨C89 DOI 10.1007/s12155-009-9035-0
* Huang, Hua-Jiang; Ramaswamy, Shri; Al-Dajani, Waleed Wafa; Tschirner, Ulrike. Process modeling and analysis of pulp mill-based integrated biorefinery with hemicellulose pre-extraction for ethanol production: A comparative study. Bioresource Technology (2009), Volume Date 2010, 101(2), 624-631.
* Ai, Jun; Tschirner, Ulrike. Fiber length and pulping characteristics of switchgrass, alfalfa stems, hybrid poplar and willow biomasses. Bioresource Technology 2010, 101(1), 215-221.
* Huang, H.-J.; Ramaswamy, S.; Tschirner, U. W.; Ramarao, B. V. Separation and purification processes for lignocellulose-to-bioalcohol production.Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy (2010),3(Bioalcohol Production), 246-277.
* Al-Dajani, Waleed Wafa; Tschirner, Ulrike W..Pre-extraction of hemicelluloses and subsequent ASA and ASAM pulping: comparison of autohydrolysis and alkaline extraction. Holzforschung (2010), 64(4), 411-416.
* Duncan, Shona; Jing, Qing; Katona, Adrian; Kazlauskas, Romas J.; Schilling, Jonathan; Tschirner, Ulrike; AlDajani, Waleed Wafa. Increased saccharification yields from aspen biomass upon treatment with enzymatically generated peracetic acid. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology (2010), 160(6),1637-1652.
* DeLu (Tyler) Yin, Qing Jing, Waleed Wafa AlDajani, Shona Duncan, Ulrike Tschirner, Jonathan Schilling, Romas J. Kazlauskas, Improved pretreatment of lignocellulosic biomass using enzymatically-generated peracetic acid, Bioresources Technology (2011), 102 (8), 5182-92.