As Greg said, his 8-track has gone the way of the polyester leisure suit and he's in need of some road tune suggestions. Any input on mobile music technology would be appreciated!
The variety that has been suggested is amazing - but he only has 15,840 minutes to listen to everything! What to pick first!?!?
Thanks Lolly - for the shout-out for tune suggestions from Sugar Shop listeners!
KFAI is the best!: http://www.kfai.org/
- Born to be Wild (5 or 6 times in a row every half hour or so ought to do it)
- Highway Star by Deep Purple
- Space Truckin by Deep Purple
- Oh, heck the whole CD of Deep Purple's Greatest Hits
- Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
- Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd (you'll think you're there anyway)
- Snow Patrol
- Ike Reilly
- Trash Can Sinatra
- Krishna Das (for the meditative relaxing part)
- and since I am still old school - The Best of Don Henley.
- George Thorogood's Greatest hits for those times you're feeling a little lethargic.
- Golden Earring's "Radar Love" - should be a default!
- Lynryd Skyryd's Greatest
- Jimi Hendrix playing blues master's
- Kenny Wayne Shepard's Leadbetter Heights cd is pretty kick ass
- To really slow things down - Captain and Tennille or anything by Neil Sedaka
- Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run (suggested several times!)
- Janice Joplin – especially Summertime.
- Exotic world music - Lebanese musician Claude Chalhoub
- Any LIVE Grateful Dead show
- Allman Brothers - Live at the Filmore