- Numerical electromagnetic modeling and computation
- Imaging of tissue electrical properties using MRI
- RF Field Mapping (B1-mapping) in MRI
- RF safety in MRI
Honors and Awards
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, 2009
- B.S., Electrical Engineering (Mixed Honors Class), Zhejiang University, China, 2004
- ISMRM Merit Awards: Magna Cum Laude, 2013
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)/National Institutes of Health (NIH) Student Travel Fellowship, 2009
- Lu's Education Foundation Fellowship of Zhejiang University, 2008-2009
- Zhang XT, Liu JE, and He B. “Magnetic Resonance Based Electrical Properties Tomography: A Review”, IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, 2014.
- Zhang XT, Schmitter S, Van de Moortele P-F, Liu JE, and He B. “From Complex B1 Mapping to Local SAR Estimation for Human Brain MR Imaging Using Multi-channel Transceiver Coil at 7T”, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 32(6): 1058-1067, 2013.
- Liu JE, Zhang XT, Van de Moortele P-F, Schmitter S, and He B. “Determining electrical properties based on B(1) fields measured in an MR scanner using a multi-channel transmit/receive coil: a general approach,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, 58(13): 4395–4408, 2013.
- Zhang XT, Van de Moortele P-F, Schmitter S, and He B. “Complex B1 Mapping and Electrical Properties Imaging of the Human Brain using a 16-channel Transceiver Coil at 7T”, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 69(5): 1285-1296, 2013.
- Zhang XT. "EPT and Local SAR Estimation by Complex B1 Mapping at 7T", 20th annual meeting of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), Melbourne, Australia, 2012. (invited talk)
- Zhang XT, Zhu SA and He B, “Imaging Electric Properties of Biological Tissues by RF Field Mapping in MRI”, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 29(2): 474-481, 2010.